So, I mentioned a day or two ago that we have big plans in the works for 2015. Here’s a brief preview in chronological order.
1. We are incrementally releasing every single one of our albums on vinyl, one at a time, in reverse order, with new artwork to fit the format. We are currently in the mastering process for “We Like It Here,” and we’ll work our way back to the beginning from there. In addition, all future albums will be released on vinyl as well as on disc. We’ll be selling a custom receptacle as well so you can start building a box set if you like.
2. We’ll be recording “Family Dinner - Volume Two” in New Orleans, Louisiana, the weekend before Mardi Gras. February 12, 13, & 14. The guests for this album are unbelievable. We’ll make an official announcement within the next month with the list of artists and the ticket link. Tickets will most likely go within about 48 hours of announcement, so be sure to keep an eye on our social media outlets.
3. Our live album/DVD with The Metropole Orchestra will be released in April on a major label (our first non-independent release) that I grew up loving. Tour dates with the orchestra are in the process of being booked.
4. In August, we’ll be coming back “home” to Dallas to record a guest-free (as in musical guests, don’t worry, we’ll have audience with us as usual) Snarky Puppy album of new original music. This will be released alongside a documentary that I’m making about Texas musicians.
5. We’re playing less live shows next year than the previous 2 years (it would be difficult to play more) in order to make time for recording and mixing and video editing and film-making, but we’re still planning to hit North America, South America (hopefully 4-5 countries), Asia, Australia, and Europe (sorry, penguins) before the end 2015.
6. Almost half of the guys in the band will be releasing solo albums and touring accordingly. There’s a lot of beautiful music being outside of Snarky Puppy by the dudes in Snarky Puppy. You all are really wonderful about supporting them (as Bill Laurance is finding out right now), so thank you for that.
This isn’t everything, but I think it’s enough for one post! To stay aware of the goings-on as they go on, keeping your eye on this page, Twitter (@RealSnarkyPuppy), Instagram (snarkypuppy), and our mailing list is the best way to stay up to date. As always, we’re so appreciative of your support. I believe very strongly that we have the most open-minded, wonderful fans a band could possibly hope for. I don’t know how that happened, but we don’t take it for granted. Thank you!